Many people feel hungry even after a good meal and never understand what the reason is for it. They may be many reasons why you still feel hungry after eating let us look at five:
- Skipping Breakfast- If you have skipped your breakfast or didn’t have a good enough meal, your blood sugar levels may be affected which could leave on craving for food. It is important to have a full breakfast with a lot of whole grain and protein. This should help to keep you feeling full all day.
- Soft Drinks- Drinking aerated juices and other soft drinks are high in sugar which will reduce blood flow in the part of the brain that regulates appetite. Your body can be tricked into thinking it needs more food by fructose, although you may have already eaten. This happens because it slows down the body’s ability to know we are full.
- Dehydration- Sometimes you just may be hungry even after eating because you are dehydrated which expresses itself in hunger. If you still feel hungry after a good meal, try drinking a full glass of water and see how you feel. The symptoms are the same for dehydration and hunger.
- Didn’t eat Greens- You could also feel hungry after a meal if you didn’t eat your green vegetables. These are vegetables like spinach, collard greens, kale which are rich in folate which helps protect against weight loss. Vegetables are a rich source of Vitamin K which fights against craving for food. If you eat your greens well you are sure to feel full.
- Boredom- Another reason for you to feel hungry after a good meal could also be plain boredom. If you have had a full meal and still feel hungry could mean that your mind is distracted so boredom is also a cause for feeling hungry after a meal.