All you need to know about Candida
What is Candida Overgrowth?
Candida is a kind of fungus or to be more precise it’s a yeast which is a leading cause for a number of fungal infections. The fungal infections caused by Candida are candidemia, candidacies, and oral thrush. Candida has a large number of species which affects the human body, but the most common species is Candida alb Cans. Presence of Candida in the human body, to an extent, is normal. When the immune system of our body works correctly, then the level of Candida's presence in the human body kept maintained. However, a poor lifestyle, improper diet, health conditions can impact the balance of Candida's existence. This imbalance often leads to overgrowth of the Candida. The overgrowth of Candida enhances the quantum of yeasts in the human body. This overgrowth can cause skin, blood, genital or throat problems. This overgrowth can also impact the beneficial bacteria in the human body. Candida overgrowth is also a reason behind the leaky gut syndrome.
How Does Candida overgrowth Occur?
Candida overgrows in the human body due to several factors, but the following are most common factors behind it:
Consumption of Alcohol: A consistent consumption of alcohol boosts the level of Candida, and this inequity quite often leads to various health issues.
Antibiotic: Anti-biotics don't make any distinction between the right or harmful bacteria. It attacks all of them. Which ultimately influences the internal system of the human body. The consumption of antibiotic can affect microbiome as a consequence of which candida can spread in the entire human body and cause infections.
Diabetes: The overgrowth of Candida is quite common in a person with diabetes. The hyperglycemia (high blood glucose) impacts the immune system of a person’s body, also reduces the antibacterial process of urine.
Weak immune system: As shared previously, the level of Candida in the human body depends upon the immune system. So, the weak immune system can lead to the overgrowth of the Candida.
Health conditions and other factors: There are several other factors too which cause the overgrowth of the candida. Some of these are mentioned below:
- The patient of the intensive care unit (ICU)
- Wearing dentures
- Organ transplantation
- Suffering from kidney failure or being on hemodialysis
A brief about Candida symptoms and their diagnosis:
Some of the most common Candida symptoms are as follow:
• White coating on the tongue
• Brain fog
• Hormone imbalance
• Desires for sweets
• Bad breath
• Joint pain
• Loss of sex drive
• Chronic sinus and allergy issues
• Digestive problems (gas and bloating)
• Weak immune system
• Mood disorders
• Repeatedly vaginal and urinary tract infections
• Presence of rashes is also an indicative Candida symptom.
On observation of any one or more of the Candida symptoms in your body, you should consult your physician to diagnose the same. While diagnosing the Candida symptoms, your doctor may ask you about the items included in your diet plan, recently used anti-biotic and medication, etc. These questions are asked to analyze the reason behind the weakened immune system. Apart from these, she/ he will also ask about the history of some chronic diseases with you or any of your family member. These chronic diseases include HIV, cancer, diabetes, etc. To diagnose the vaginal candidiasis, the sample of vaginal discharge is taken to reach any conclusion.
What is the treatment of Candida imbalance?
1. Candida Cleanse: One can take the soup of organic onions, garlic, celery, kale, sea salt and pure water. The refrigerated broth (simmer & strain and discarded by the vegetables). Consume the warm broth throughout the day.
Also, certain food items should be avoided which include sugars, fruit, alcohol, starch, and grains at least for 3 – 5 days. Eat fresh and steamed organic vegetables. Make sure you are not in the intake of starchy vegetables including sweet potatoes, white potatoes, and carrots, etc. Drink plenty of water at least 2 – 3 liters in a day.
2. Candida Diet: In the first step, the diet should be taken to boost the immune system by eliminating sugar, alcohol and refined carbohydrates. Because these food items are major sources of Candida’s overgrowth in the human body. In the second step, replace these food items with organic vegetables including spinach, kale, and asparagus.
3. Supplements, Essential Oils & Coconut Oil: Due to its antimicrobial properties, coconut oil can combat efficiently with the Candida. It is beneficial to kill the bad candida. Lavender Oil and Clove Oil is also highly effective to fight against candida.
Apart from the consumption of the oil, Vitamin C also helps to boost your immune system. One should take the minimum of 2000 to 3000 milligrams of Vitamins C to fight with Candida.
Do you know?
1. One of the most prevalant types of Candida is vaginal yeast infections which are also called Candida vaginal infections or candidiasis.
2. 75 percent of the women are likely to have at least one vaginal yeast infection during their lives, and up to 45 percent of women may have two or more yeast infections.
3. The in the most cases of Candida infection, they are caused by the person's her/ his own Candida organisms.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a common condition in men as they age. It is also known as prostate gland enlargement. It leads to several uncomfortable urinary symptoms and may lead to the blockage of flow of urine out of the bladder.
Cirrhosis refers to the severe scarring of the liver. This is also observed as the poor liver functioning during the early stages of some chronic liver disease.
Melanoma is a type of skin cancer which mostly occurs due to excessive sun exposure. In this case, the melanocyte cells or the pigment-producing cells present in the skin undergo mutation and becomes cancerous.