Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. Ijack Debbarma

Dr. Ijack Debbarma

Dr. Ijack Debbarma

Profile is claimed

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics



Joint Replacement Surgeon


Spine And Pain Specialist

9 Years Experience Overall  (4 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Ijack Debbarma is a Orthopedist,Joint Replacement Surgeon and Spine And Pain Specialist in Dispur, Guwahati and has an experience of 9 years in these fields. Dr. Ijack Debbarma practices at Dispur Polyclinic & Nursing Home in Dispur, Guwahati. She completed MBBS from JLN Medical college in 2011 and MS - Orthopaedics from Ch. Charan Singh University in 2016.

Dispur, Guwahati

Dispur Polyclinic & Nursing Home


Ganesh Guri, Hengrabari Road, Landmark: Near Ganesh Guri Flyover, Guwahati

Get Directions

Mon - Sat

09:00 - 02:30
04:30 - 07:00


09:00 - 02:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.


MBBS - JLN Medical college, 2011
MS - Orthopaedics - Ch. Charan Singh University, 2016


DMC/R/07298 Delhi Medical Council, 2011
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Dispur Polyclinic & Nursing Home
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.
Instantly consult other orthopedist online
Dr. Ijack Debbarma is currently not consulting online with Practo