Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Naini Kumar

Dr. Naini Kumar

Profile is claimed

MBBS, FRCS - General Surgery

General Physician

61 Years Experience Overall

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Naini Kumar is a Orthopedist and General Physician in Gurgaon Sector 55, Gurgaon and has an experience of 61 years in these fields. Dr. Naini Kumar practices at Uma Sanjeevni Hospital in Gurgaon Sector 55, Gurgaon. He completed MBBS from King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University in 1959 and FRCS - General Surgery from Royal College Of Surgeons, England in 1972. He is a member of Indian Orthopaedic Association.

Gurgaon Sector 55, Gurgaon

Uma Sanjeevni Hospital


USHC, Plot Number-NH1, Sector-55, Landmark: Near Ansal Insitute Of Techonology, Gurgaon

Get Directions

Mon - Fri

11:00 - 01:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



MBBS - King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University, 1959
FRCS - General Surgery - Royal College Of Surgeons, England, 1972


Indian Orthopaedic Association


8907 Uttar Pradesh Medical Council, 1959
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Uma Sanjeevni Hospital
Gurgaon Sector 55
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.
Instantly consult other orthopedist online
Dr. Naini Kumar is currently not consulting online with Practo