Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. Rishi Raj Shokeen

Dr. Rishi Raj Shokeen

Dr. Rishi Raj Shokeen

Claim this profile

MBBS, Diploma in Orthopaedics




18 Years Experience Overall  (18 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

83% (23 votes)

Dr. Rishi Raj Shokeen is a Orthopedist and Orthopedist of Inferior Extremity in Dwarka, Delhi and has an experience of 18 years in these fields. Dr. Rishi Raj Shokeen practices at Bhagat Chandra Hospital in Dwarka, Delhi and Bhagat Hospital in Janakpuri, Delhi. He completed MBBS from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU) in 1997 and Diploma in Orthopaedics from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh in 2001. He is a member of Delhi Medical Association (DMA),Delhi Medical Council and Indian Medical Association (IMA). Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Disk slip,External fixator,Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis,Spinal Therapy and Correction of deformities etc.

2 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Exostosis Excision
Curettage Bone
Search procedure

Dwarka, Delhi

Bhagat Chandra Hospital


RZ-F 1/1, Mahaveer Enclave Palam, Dabri Road, Landmark: Near Palam Flyover, Delhi

Get Directions

+ 1

Tue, Fri

10:30 - 12:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



MBBS - The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU), 1997
Diploma in Orthopaedics - Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 2001


Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
Delhi Medical Council
Indian Medical Association (IMA)


Consultant at Bhagat Chandra Hospital
Consultant at Bhagat Hospital


18627 Delhi Medical Council, 2003
Report an Error