Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Rahul Kohli

Dr. Rahul Kohli

Claim this profile

MBBS, DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery




Joint Replacement Surgeon


20 Years Experience Overall  (14 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Rahul Kohli is an Orthopedist and Joint Replacement Surgeon in Palam Colony, Delhi and has an experience of 17 years in these fields. He practices at Divya Prastha Hospital in Palam Colony, Delhi. He completed MBBS from Madurai Medical College in 1999 and DNB (Orthopedics) from Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College,Delhi in 2005.He is a member of Medical Council of India (MCI), Indian Orthopaedic Association and Dwarka Orthopaedic Association. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Wrist problems, Muscle release, Skeletal Muscle Therapy, Correction of deformities and Musculoskeletal Pain Management etc.

Palam Colony, Delhi

Divya Prastha Hospital


RZ-37, Main Road, Landmark: Opposite Bagh Wala School, Delhi

Get Directions

+ 12

Tue, Fri

12:30 - 01:30


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.


MBBS - Madurai Medical College, 1999
DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery - Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College,Delhi, 2005


Medical Council of India (MCI)
Indian Orthopaedic Association
Dwarka Orthopaedic Association


2012 - Present Joint Replacement & Arthroscopic surgeon at Divya Prastha Hospital


31519 Delhi Medical Council, 2012
Report an Error