Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. J S Arora

Dr. J S Arora

Claim this profile

MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS, FRCS - General Surgery




58 Years Experience Overall  (58 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

82% (11 votes)

Dr. J S Arora is a Orthopedist in Greater Kailash Part 1, Delhi and has an experience of 58 years in this field. Dr. J S Arora practices at Dr. J S Arora's Clinic in Greater Kailash Part 1, Delhi and Moolchand Hospital in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. He completed MS - Orthopaedics from University of Delhi in 1961,MBBS from Lucknow Medical College in 1958 and FRCS - General Surgery from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSE), U.K in 1966. He is a member of Delhi Orthopedic Association. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Paediatrics - Ortho and Orthopedic Surgery etc.

Greater Kailash Part 1, Delhi

Dr. J S Arora's Clinic


C-136, Part-1, Greater Kailash. Landmark: Opp. Gurudwara., Delhi

Get Directions

Mon - Fri

04:30 - 06:30


10:30 - 01:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.


Orthopedic Surgery


Awards and Recognitions

Life Time Achievement Award - 2008


MS - Orthopaedics - University of Delhi, 1961
MBBS - Lucknow Medical College, 1958
FRCS - General Surgery - Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSE), U.K, 1966


Delhi Orthopedic Association


1985 - Present Owner at Dr. J.S Arora's Clinic


14332 Delhi Medical Council,
Report an Error