Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. Anju Virmani

Dr. Anju Virmani

Dr. Anju Virmani

Claim this profile

MBBS, MD - Pediatrics



34 Years Experience Overall  (34 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Anju Virmani is a Endocrinologist and Pediatrician in Saket, Delhi and has an experience of 34 years in these fields. Dr. Anju Virmani practices at Max Smart Superspeciality Hospital in Saket, Delhi. She completed MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1982 and MD - Pediatrics from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1986. Service provided by the doctor is: Endocrinologist.

Saket, Delhi

Max Smart Superspeciality Hospital


Press Enclave marg, Mandir Marg, Landmark: Saket Institutional Area, Delhi

Get Directions


04:00 - 06:30


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an endocrinologist?

A: An endocrinologist is a medical professional specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of hormone-secreting (endocrine) glands in the human body. He is trained to treat disorders of thyroid, pituitary, pancreas, etc. that produce hormones.

Q: For what symptoms can I consult an endocrinologist?

A: You can meet an endocrinologist if you notice symptoms of hormone-related diseases like sudden weight loss or gain, acne, facial hair in women, infertility, feeling too tired easily, severe hair loss, feeling too cold or too hot, change in voice, etc.

Q: What diseases does an endocrinologist treat?

A: The endocrinologist can treat diseases of like hypo or hyper-thyroidism, reduced or excess insulin production, gigantism, dwarfism, Cushing's syndrome, hypo or hyper-pituitarinism, PCOD, infertility, etc.

Q: What training is needed to be an endocrinologist?

A: An endocrinologist has to take at least 10 years of training, which has 4 years of medical school (MBBS), followed by a residency period of 3 years to gain expertise in treating the patient. They have an additional 2 or 3 years of training in endocrinology (MD or DM).

Q: Can an endocrinologist treat PCOD?

A: An endocrinologist or a reproductive endocrinologist who is specialized in sex hormones can treat and help in managing PCOD.





MBBS - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1982
MD - Pediatrics - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1986


1699 Delhi Medical Council, 2000
Report an Error