Yellowish teeth

I was very poor in maintaining my oral hyegine. So my teeth are kind of yellowish type. I wish to make a change now can you please tell me any way to remove the yellowness? Can it be done or should i go for bleaching?

Doctor Answers (2) on Yellowish teeth

hi hru? u need to do routine teeth cleaning minimum once in 6 months and get guidance from ur dentist to maintain ur oral hygiene and oral health ..if those yellow stains r because of hard deposits and externally...teeth cleaning s enough but if yellowish discolouration s due to intrinsic or internal issue, v need to improve ur teeth shade to brighter by teeth bleaching or teeth whitening procedure...normal routine cleaning s only for the purpose of removal of soft debris,soft deposits,hard deposits and extrinsic stains only....
Dr. A.V.K.Narene Chennai | Endodontist
firstly...go for a complete oral prophylaxis (cleaning). later if u feel ur teeth are not aesthetically pleasing,    u can opt for bleaching.