Wine/Beer for weight gain

Hello Sir, I have been trying to gain weight but it doesn't work. I am very skinny. I hv som digestion prob, my tongue is always sticky. I tried multiple pathys but useless. Can I take a spoon of bear or wine to improve my digestion and gain a weight. Which brand is good for health, it should not affect liver / no side effects. Please help.

Doctor Answers (2) on Wine/Beer for weight gain

Ms. Bipasha Das Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi
I understand your concern. You need to get a check up done for your sticky tongue and digestion issues. It can be due to various reasons. May be your absorption is not happening properly due to which you are unable to utilize the food you are eating.

After your right diagnosis, we can surely help you with the right type of health tips and diet changes for your overall well-being. Do connect to any of the dietician after you have a comprehensive check up.

Ms. Nisha Singh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, taking wine or beer is not the correct way to go for weight gain. When you mean you want to gain weight what you actually need is to gain muscle. It's a slow process. I would like to tell you that if since several years you have been skinny, then atleast give your body a year or so to gain in a healthy manner. Intake of alcohol over a period of time will surely cause liver problems. And if you do have digestion issues, they need to be identified first so that proper steps to rectify the same can be taken.
To gain weight/muscle, protein in the diet is a key factor. eg eggs, lean chicken, fish, milk, curd, paneer, dals, sprouts, nuts etc. You need to support the protein with adequate calories through carbs and fat as well. keep yourself well hydrated. follow a good exercise and strength training routine.
I will recommend that you visit a nutritionist to get a proper and detailed guidance for the same.