What to do

I still talk to my ex gf..nd she hs friend zoned me nd i want to get out of it bcz i still keep thinking abt her i m olso addicted to talking to her nd wen i decide not to talk to her..i miss her..wat can i do..i hv feelings fr her nd i want to end dem as soon as possible

Doctor Answers (1) on What to do

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Maintaining distance after ending relationship can be extremely difficult for anyone, especially when the relationship has been a beautiful one. Howsoever, it is important to understand that once the relation has ended, both partners need space and time to get over the turmoil. Continuing to talk to your ex may even impact your future relations with other partner. Firstly, you need to be sure of your own feelings and reasons as to why both of you decided to end this relationship. Then, keeping those things in mind, you need to reduce talking to her...to do so you shall have to find alternative pleasurable activities such as hobbies, other friends and family to fill in your time and keep you relaxfully engaged in tough times. Also engage in healthy lifestyle, eat well, sleep well and exercises. Try not to be alone and remember, time is the best healer...so just let time chart its course. Hoping this helps you, good luck!