Weight loss

Hi there, I want to do some weightloss as i am 89kgs now and my age is 26yrs 5.7" height, I have started 2hrs walking on weekends and Cycling on weekdays however i am not able to loose weight. Can anyone suggest me a proper diet for weightloss. I have Chapatis in my lunch @ my office and rice in my dinner. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight loss

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Weight gain happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...Consult dietitian for diet chart they will do the needful.