Weight gain issue

Daughter is 6.5 months and weigh 6.6kg In 5 months she was 6.480kg. The weight gain is only 120gm 6 months she was on mothers milk. After that started with rice..juice..banana..milk but she seems not hungry.also 6 times bowels since last week. Kindly advise if I HV to consult a specialist for her weight issue.
views-icons 62 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Weight gain issue

hi, Many a times weaning process becomes stressful for parents. kindly refer to my article on weaning at below link https://fit.practo.com/#!/content/16805
Dr. Ravi Gupta Noida | Pediatrician
After 6 month milk alone is not sufficient for child's growth.
You need to start more Cereals like Dal soup Khichri  , Custard to her diet. Gradually introduce wheat like dalia,  suji etc
Also add small amount of ghee to her diet . Give her a month at least on this diet to assess any weight change.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well it's the time when there is change over of the food system as till 6 months it was only breast feeding and now we have added complementary feeds...so her gut system should churn it..it will slowly get adjusted to it...her maturity would have been reached now and it's a common symptom...apart from this teeth eruption will also cause...so need not worry....you can go to paediatrician when you go for regular visit