Weight gain

How to gain weight naturally when you have high metabolism rate? I am 26 year old girl but I am underweight. My haemoglobin level when last checked was 13 and BP was 120/80. No thyroid found when checked last time and all the other tests were also fine. I am thin since the age of 9-10 years and not been able to gain weight despite eating 4 times a day. My daily food consists mostly of carbohydrates since I eat rice twice a day along with good amount of proteins like rajma, beans etc. I also take fruit juice almost 4-5 days a week and sometimes fruits. I have tried eating dry fruits and peanut butter as well to increase weight but its of no use to me. Can you please suggest something so that I can gain weight fast.

Doctor Answers (4) on Weight gain

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern.  .
Have a high protein diet 
Have smaller meals a day.
And exercise xaily.
Thats the only way.
Have high calorie diet frequently in a day.
Kindly consult a general physician in person for further evaluation and management. 
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins.... Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, try to repeat this in the evening also....include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like chesse,panner etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and based on the history you have given, you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass so avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation....if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina....Consult dietitian they will do the needful.
Dr. Rama S.K Pune | Internal Medicine
To look lean and thin is different from having low body weight due to systemic disorder......u should know your BMI which considers your height too and see if it is between 18.5 to 25......if less than 18.5 then need to get evaluated by physician for failure to gain weight despite good appetite. .....self medication with health supplements and diet will not help if you have underlying problem
what is your height and BMI?
Dr. Shalini Kushwaha Delhi | General Physician
Hello. You take alpha malt forte syrup two spoon twice daily in full glass of milk daily for an extended period of time. Do pranayam regularly and drink plenty of water also. Keep following diet you mentioned. Avoid junk food. And keep yourself happy always. You will start to gain weight gradually.