Weight gain
Hi Dr My baby is 3 months 6 days old. He was 2.3 kgs at the time of birth & now weighs 4.5kgs. As per the weight chart a 3 month old baby weighs around 6 kgs. I still find my  boy tiny & has not gained considerable body weight.looks lean. Is it fine?  M anxious

Dr. Arun M K
Pediatrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi..the charts are for normal weight babies at birth...taking average of 2.75 kg at birth...generally babies weight doubles by 5/6 months of age...which has happened already at 3 months time. check the source of growth chart....check with paediatrician for advice regarding feeding n supplement if required....