Week digestion process

I have started consuming boiled vegetables because of weak digestion(IBS). I am using carrots, beet root, capsicum, potato, onion, tomato, ginger. Kindly answer my two questions: 1) What other vegetables can I use for my week digestion? 2) Do I have to peel potatoes, beet roots before boiling, or do i have to peel them after boiling? Thanks in advance!

Dr. Satish Kumar Gadi (Lt Col)
General Physician 40 yrs exp Gorakhpur

It is not clear what you are calling as weak digestion. May be it is because of some common stomach infection which recurs again and again. It may be due amoebiasis. You should take a full course of anti amoebic treatment with Metrogyl 400mg three times a day for five days along with Tab Pantocid 40mg once a day. You must take care of food hygiene and personal hygiene like washing your hands frequently. Regarding vegetables these should be washed thoroughly with fresh running water. All vegetables available during the season can be taken depending upon your choice and taste. In my opinion peeling of vegetables should be done only after booking. But it will be better if you can ask these questions from a dietician. I will suggest you better consult your family physician for better understanding of the problem and treatment.