Water behind ear drum
Have a pain in my left ear and in my left jaw since 1month...last week went to an ent specialist ...he said that there is water behind my eardrum and furnished couple of tabs & one nasal drop...and suggested tat if the problem still persists ...we have to go for manual removal of water...my question is how they gonna remove it manually and how much does it costs for the removal of water in my ear...

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

Your doctor is referring to Myringotomy & Grommet Insertion which is a Surgical procedure under General Anaesthesia, a hole is made in your eardrum and a grommet(ventilation tube) is inserted to drain the fluid or pus from the middle ear(region behind the eardrum). Costs vary depending upon experience of ENT surgeon, type of hospital etc.