Water behind ear drum

Have a pain in my left ear and in my left jaw since 1month...last week went to an ent specialist ...he said that there is water behind my eardrum and furnished couple of tabs & one nasal drop...and suggested tat if the problem still persists ...we have to go for manual removal of water...my question is how they gonna remove it manually and how much does it costs for the removal of water in my ear...
views-icons 22 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Water behind ear drum

doctor profile image
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
20 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Your doctor is referring to Myringotomy & Grommet Insertion which is a Surgical procedure under General Anaesthesia, a hole is made in your eardrum and a grommet(ventilation tube) is inserted to drain the fluid or pus from the middle ear(region behind the eardrum). Costs vary depending upon experience of ENT surgeon, type of hospital etc.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?