WAnt yo loose 20kgs

I m a healthy person, i m of 85+ weight my height is 5'7'', i want to loose weight within 3months.... if i join gym is it will be a better option to opt? Or suggest me no side effect to loose weight which i will never gain again.... plz help me

Doctor Answers (2) on WAnt yo loose 20kgs

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need to reduce 17 KGS with gym weight loss won't be permanent it will bounce back natural methods will be good.I can help with 4-5 KGS weight loss per month that too permanent one
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. First thing is you need to have less of carbs and more of proteins...so best thing is have less qt of rice or reduce the no of chapathis you have and have more of dal or subzi...you need to replace your rice or chapathis with oats,ragi balls or Suji preparations... You can tk any one fruit like banana, orange or Apple or mausambi in your fruits list... Now can add water melon too...you need to have fresh carrots, cucumber or channa dal when ever hungry... Have loads of water too...You also need to engage yourself in outdoor activity like walking,running, jogging, cycling,k swimming for a minimum if 30 to 45 min ..or chose to gym or aerobics as per your liking....you can also include green tea...it will increase metabolism...consult a dietician for a specific diet chart as per your bmi and your food preferences... All the very best.... Thank you