Want to gain weight

Im 19, but my weight is just 40 kg. Im way too slim. I wnt to increase my weight and improve my health.

Doctor Answers (1) on Want to gain weight

Dr. Jaya Dewani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello.....low weight can be due to low intake of calories or protein or high physical activity. First analyze why your weight is low. If your weight is low because of low intake of calories and protein than you can follow these steps 1. Make sure you eat three proper meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Don't skip your meals. 2. Drink 200 ml of milk with any nutritional powder two times a day and take one cup of curds daily ( avoid curds if you are allergic to curds). 3. Eat five almonds and five dates daily in your breakfast. 4. Eat twenty pieces of groundnuts along with black currants daily in evening snacks. 5. Take one spoon of ghee in lunch and dinner.5. Take a boiled potata twice a week.6. Take one banana twice a week