Want to concieve soon

Hi, I'm a working women .I'm a teacher..I'm married from 5 years and now I want to conceive.can u plz suggest me what is the best days to conceive after periods.once almost 4 years back I was pregnant but me and my husband was not ready as I was in my degree.and I abort a baby by taking tablet in home itself.now I’m trying to conceive ,but dnt knw why im not conceiving ....plz sugeest me..plz

Doctor Answers (1) on Want to concieve soon

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...infertility is considered only if you don't conceive even after one year of trying. But since your are trying to conceive now, kindly consider going to a obstetrician. They will provide you with preconception counselling which help you, your baby and your family. They will advise you regarding the days you have to try to conceive, medications you have to take (vitamins) before conceiving and after conceiving, and any other information you need. They will also treat incase if there any chance of infertility. Before that both you and your husband will have to get tested. They will guide you through all this.