diabetes-icon
Vitractomy + IOL recovery
Hi Doctor, My husband is type 1 diabetic frm 17yrs . went through victractomy+ PHACHO + IOL sergery 2 weeks back. I would like to how the recovery time and is he able to do heavy weight training or not ? And is thr any changes to re occur of flotters ?

Dr. Y Siva Kumar
General Physician 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
Recovery time and subsequent events will depend on the reasons why vitrectomy surgery was done. The eye doctor who did the surgery will be in a better position to guide you properly. Straining efforts like weight training shall be avoided at least for one more month. That kind of heavy exercise anyway requires very good control of diabetes and approval from the treating physician as well.