Very mild pain left jaw

I am experiencing a very mild pain near my left jaw just below the ear. The pain goes away at times and comes randomly. It been going on since 6 months. I consulted ENT he told me to take out xray ko closed and open mouth which i did and has come out to be normal. Can you suggest me what sould be my next step? Is this something serious ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Very mild pain left jaw

Dr. Sandhya Patil Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Pain below the ears over the joint indicates your temporomandibular joint has worn out due to constant usage like chewing food more on left side . the TM joint has thin layer of cartilage which gets worn off due to constant grinding action on that particular side. You should avoid chewing hard foods on that side. Chew on RT side . apply cold compression over the joint. Volini gel for local application over the joint. For pain you can take tab ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 4days. If still persists than intra capsular steroid injections can be of benefit. Take care