Very less weight

My age is 18 i m a female my weight is 37 kg and height is 5'' i m very thin.....i want to increase my weight and height becoz i want to join merchant navy..plzz help

Doctor Answers (2) on Very less weight

Dr. Tejender Kaur Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Weight gain is a slow an steady process.
Healthy muscle gain is what is required at your age.   A balanced diet will promote muscle  and over all development. In case of non-vegetarians, there are lots of option to select from. For pure vegetarians there are many combinations of foods that promote muscle growth. I do not favour protein supplements unless you are a sports person.    Pulses, Soya, cruciferous vegetables, dairy products and whole cereals promote muscle gain. Along side proper exercise and a healthy lifestyle aids in overall developmemt.
For tailor made diet plan feel free to contact me or register at http://ghkritediet.zest.md or drop in a mail at ghk.ritediet@gmail
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there ideal weight for your height is about 50kgs....as you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming, gymming whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. You can also visit a dietician and endocrinologist for further queries.