Vericose vien
Whenever I wear shoes and shocks my legs start swelling and toe region start to pain.What are reasons behind this?

Dr. Parag Patil
Orthopedic Surgeon 11 yrs exp Yavatmal

Varicose veins are a common cause of daytime leg swelling, especially after wearing tight socks/shoes. It is typically relieved after limb elevation and after a night's sleep. Treatment essentially is wearing of compression stockings, either below knee or above knee - depending on the extent of involvement, for full time daily use and to be removed at night/sleeping time. However one should also rule out other causes of swelling like anemia, heart disease, kidney disease etc. and nerve related causes of pain.