Veg diet to gain weight

Hi I am 24 years old. Height and 174 cms and weigh ~60 kgs. I want to increase my weight to around 70 kgs. I have normal diet. I am not able to gain weight even eating more. I travel regularly by trains in mumbai and have busy schedule. Please suggest me two three veg food items excluding bananas as I catch or deteriorate my cough many a time I experienced it. Tell me 2-3 items that will help me gain weight and can easily be carried in trains or in office can be consumed easily without much cooking or getting it staled fast.

Doctor Answers (1) on Veg diet to gain weight

Ms. Jasleen Chawla Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi there!
I understand your concern. Some of the convenient snacking options that will help you gain weight are dried fruits-for example you can carry a handful of almonds and cashews with you when travelling, groundnut chikki, home made besan/wheat flour ladoo, a tetra pack of plain curds-you can add some nuts and sugar to it. Milk products like paneer, whole milk, cheese can be included regularly in your diet. Whole egg is also a great option for you. A personalized diet plan according to your lifestyle and work schedule would definitely help you. You can contact me for the same.