Varicose Veins

My mother has swelling and clotting of blood in patches in her leg below the knee. Also veins in that can be seen. Last year we had consulted a doctor who said it is varicose veins and it is a common happening in older age women. What is the right treatment for this disease and which is a good hospital for this treatment ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Varicose Veins

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Varicose veins happen because of standing for long durations. Your mother needs to lose weight, avoid standing for long hours, you can ask her to use varicose veins stockings. Consult a general surgeon in person for further management. Venous stripping can also be done as a treatment for varicose veins. Therefore would suggest you to consult a general surgeon in person as soon as possible. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... exercising, losing weight, not wearing tight clothes, elevating your legs, and avoiding long periods of standing all these relive pain and prevent worsening of varicose vein. Compression stocking are used to prevent pooling of blood, sclerotheray, laser surgery can be done, high ligation and vein stripping is commonly done surgery consult general surgeon.