Varices in pancreas
My dad had a surgery for necrosis pancreatic in 2010 in which body and tail of pancreas was removed. From past 1 month he was admitted for severe pain in abdomen. After doing endoscopy it was varices in abdomen. Later the doctor suggested MRCP in which the summary is Normal Intra Heptic bilary radicles CHD,  CBD and pancreatic duct. Well distended gall bladder alongwith long toutuous cystic duct with intralunimal sludge / micro calculi Multiple portal collaterals in portaheartis as well as around lower level of esaphagus - suggestive of varices My question is What is the treatment suggested by you. The doctor has suggested EUS guided celiac plexus block. What is this and the cost of the same in Pune. Whether it is required. If not what is the option Can this be treated without any procedure and only with medicine

Please Consult good gastrointestinal surgeon or physician in person as detailed clinical examination is needed to decide.

Esophageal varices causes