Vajrasan position

Hi, it seems like food passes fast when I eat little bit heavy which makes me want to go to washroom . Although, I have constipation(IBS too). If I will sit it vajrasan, will food pass faster or slower?

Doctor Answers (2) on Vajrasan position

Dr. Chinmay das Bangalore | Yoga and Naturopathy
this is natural. take water after half an hour of taking food and avoid walk after food. vajrasana is recommended.
always try to fill 50℅ of stomach with food 25℅ with water and remaining 25℅ for air which will help stomach for movement and digestion
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,,, it is being said that, Vajrasan helps to improve digestion. Sitting in this pose helps in reduction of the hips. It helps in getting rid of constipation. It helps to fight stomach disorder. A few minutes of Vajrasan and you can feel the mind calming. It helps in increasing the blood circulation in the body. And these have beneficial effect on IBS by reducing stress and improving digestion. But it is not 100% predictable. Good fibre diet helps to prevent constipation.