Vaginal itching

I am sexually active. I had consulted a gynecologist. She examined me and prescribed me some medication for a week. Now that 3 weeks have passed since, the itching has came back again. I have 2 questions. 1. Since I was examined by a gynec, can I be sure that I don't have any sexually transmitted diseases? 2. I had a thyroid and sugar test done. They were both fine. Why is my vagina always itchy?

Dr. Deepika Sinha
Obstetrician 20 yrs exp Lucknow
The common cause of recurrence is getting it again from your partner. It's better to get the treatment for both and in the mean time abstain from sex for 10 days. Using condom will protect u from std. If still u have recurrence then  blood investigations  and vaginal swab culture will be needed to rule out sexually transmitted diseases.
Dr. Navpreet Buttar
Gynecologist 16 yrs exp Patiala
You need bleed tests like HIV,  VDRL and PAP smear to be sure about the infection part. And maintain proper vaginal hygiene. Use LACTACYD for maintaining an acidic vaginal pH. Don't take unnecessary antibiotics again and again as they disrupt the normal vaginal flora . In fact  to restore the good bacteria you may take a course of Probiotics like ECOFLORA or FLOREVA  after consulting your gynaecologist. And most important of all use a condom while having sex to prevent STDs.
Dr. Veena Vidyasagar
Gynecologist 35 yrs exp Bangalore
One cannot exclude presence of sexually transmitted diseases by gynaecological examination. You have to be examined again by Gynaecologist.