Vaginal dryness

I am in TTC for 5 years...now under treatement ..will get the HCG shot tomorrow 14th day...Buy my vagina is so dry..no cervical mucus at all.Is this a problem..can i use VLG lubrication gel which prescribed by one of my gynecologist

Doctor Answers (1) on Vaginal dryness

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello madam vaginal dryness is pretty commonly reported among women who are trying to conceive,, which can have negative impact on sex life. Most commercial lubricants have been shown as harmful to sperm health, so if you are using a lubricant during intercourse because of vaginal dryness, choose a sperm friendly lubricant such as Conceive Plus. To survive and function, human sperm requires an environment that contains certain electrolytes and is within a narrow range of pH, osmolality and tonicity. The World Health Organisation has reported that the optimal condition for sperm survival and migration in the cervical mucus requires a pH in the range of 7.0 to 8.5 and an isotonic solution. Sasmar Conceive Plus is one fertility lubricant that is carefully formulated so that both pH and osmolality are at levels which are safe for sperm. There are other fertility lubricants available which are also specifically formulated to be safe for sperm, assist sperm motility and relieve vaginal drynessto increase the changes of getting pregnant.