Urticaria / hives since 2-3 months.
I am having hives / urticaria / acute urticaria since march. Basically skin gets a small spot and gets itchy, if I scratch it, becomes swollen big spot with redness and more urge to itch. This happens usually in inner thighs, calves stomach, back and arm muscles. I took zyncet (citrizine) half pill (5mg) a week back and got relief for 3-4 days and then they appear again after this period. I am worried if I should take covishield vaccine during this or wait for this condition to get better? Kindly advise. Also let me know if I should wait. How long can I wait or how do I treat this issue at the earliest. P.S. I never got skin allergy before but genetically , My father used to have urticaria for few years during his 30s-40s but later they went away. He also used to take half pill zyncet (citrizine) 5mg after every 3-4 days coz he used to get relief for 3-4 days and after that they used to appear

Hi. If urticaria persists for more than 6 weeks it chronic urticaria. Laboratory tests are needed to find out the cause however is few cases no cause can be found. Prolonged treatment is needed. You can go ahead with covid vaccination.
Don't worry...you are suffering from allergic dermatitis causing this urticaria... Specific medicine available for good control... Treatment depends on the severity..Do direct online consultation for detailed prescription by sending photos.