Urinary incontinence

I have been suffering from stress urinary incontinence since a few years. This happens only when i laugh very much and am not able to control the urine. This happens rarely and i have not referred this to a doctor yet. What should i do? I have read about surgical options but i don't want to do that. Are there any other options for treatment?

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

It's a mechanical defect. There r no medicines for it. Surgery is the only option. it's called trans obturator tape or TOT. It's a fairly simple day care surgery. U walk home in the evening. Incontinence has happened because of laxity in the muscle at the neck of the bladder. U can contact me for further details

Hello there we understand your feeling and your concern towards your health. You say that this nit often and also it happens when you laugh out loud. That happens with everyone If the bladder is full because when you laugh the pressure untrue abdomen increase and the the pressure will be applied on the bladder. In other way there will be auto regulation process of urine emptying it sometimes alters when you're deeply indulged in work or engaged. So what you need to do is empty your bladder regularly so that you don't have to fave this problem. So not take to much of fluid when you don't have the faculty of wash room around. Do not wait until your bladder is full. Thank you