Unprotected sex on BC

Hi. I am on BC pills(yamini)-21days. I had unprotected sex during 7 days (no pills day). To be exact 2nd day after completion of 1 pack( 21days pack). Just wanted to know how much chances are there for getting pregnant? I have pcos and to regularise period my doctor gave me this medicine, and I take this pill very regularly, same time of each day. Plz suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Unprotected sex on BC

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...woman gets pregnant around the days when ovulation occurs. The average time of ovulation is the 14th day of an average length (28 day) menstrual cycle. Ovulation time vary for each individual, and can occur from 12th to 19th day of the cycle . Sperm can live up to 3 to 5 days in a womans reproductive tract, so it is possible to become pregnant if unprotected sex occurs 5 days before ovulation. The life span of the typical egg is relatively short, only around 24 hours. If fertilization does not occur within that time frame, the egg will die...kindly consult a obstetrician for further management....Good luck..