Underweight

I m girl of 23yrs and ht is 5'8" and weight is 50kg. Luks lean and feel weekness. I have tried a lots of thing to put some weight but there is no improvement. I m vegetarian. Please help me to gain some kgs.

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 9 yrs exp Pune

U need to gain15 KGS that too muscle not fat I can help with 4-5 kgs weight gain in month.being vegetarian is not problem. Weakness and tiredness is due to low weight

Hello there. I can understand your concern. This involves a simple math, if you need to gain weight, you need to take in more calories than you use up in a day so that it gets stored up. Have high calorie diet. Have three full meals and 3 small meals in a day at regular intervals, increase the quantity gradually. Excercise regularly to build up muscle mass because building fat is not good. You can consult a dietician for a detailed diet chart. You can find good dieticians near you on practo itself. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.