Unable to gain weight

Hi, I am 22 year old male, height 5'7'' and weight 55 Kg. I have been unable to gain weight. I recently got the following tests done and everything was fine: Hemogram Blood Sugar TFT KFT LFT USG whole abdomen Would request the community members to advice on how I can gain weight or any specialized doctor whom I should visit. Thanks

Doctor Answers (2) on Unable to gain weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need to gain 15 KGS that too muscle not fat.I can help with 4-5 KGS weight gain in month. We need to plan diet for muscle gain not fat
Dr. Sakina Patrawala Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi sir, I can understand your query. In order to gain weight, you need a combination of balanced diet and exercise schedule. Your diet must b planned according to your high metabolic rate, giving you sustained release of energy and increased protein throughout the day. Im terms of exercise,you need to indulge in weight training, which would be extremely helpful in building your muscle mass. You may visit a nutritionist for your diet planning and also decide to enrol in a gym program soon.