Umbilical hernia
I am married, suffering umbilical hernia from past 4-5 months. I want to do cycling to reduce my weight. Will cycling impact umbilical hernia? Will I be able to Conceive if I start cycling in this condition? Is umbilical hernia curable? Important concern is, will I be able to conceive without any complications if I do cycling with hernia? Please help me.

Dr. Aparnaa Panda
Gynecologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

Please visit a surgeon. If it is truly an umbilical hernia it can be cured only with surgery. Cycling should not increase the size of ur hernia. May help in weight . Brisk walk along with low calorie and high fibre diet is a better option for weight loss. U can concieve. No problem. But whether ur hernia will get worse during pregnancy...u have to find out from a surgeon.
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Pune
UMBILICAL HERNIA IS A DEFECT IN THE UMBILICAL AREA WHICH PUSHES INTESTINES THROUGH THAT DEFECT., ITS COMPLETELY CURABLE. THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH CYCLING OR ANY EXERCISE BUT SURGERY IS THE ONLY ANSWER FOR IT.

Pain in umbilical region Umbilical sinus surgery Pain after umbilical hernia repair surgery