diabetes-icon
Type 1 diabetes 3 years old son
My son is having pain in central part of abdomen. His sugar levels were 590 15 days back. Hb1AC was 10.2 All the symptoms were similar to type 1 diabetes. Doctors in my town says he is type 1. I still believe he is having some kind of infection or swelling in pancreas which is causing the spike in sugar. Is there any test or physical exam to confirm wheter pancreas are well or not? We having been giving him insulin externally. Please suggest what can be done??

Please do Urine for ketones ----> check urgently If its present then he is suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis Admit him immediately If it's negative Then go for MRI abdomen with MRCP The test is going to help u with diagnosis of pancreatitis ( acute , chonic or acute on chronic), secondly it's going to tell u about any obstruction with billiary system with pancreatic duct abnormality. Endoscopic usg is also a good modality to make ur diagnosis though it's an invasive and expensive test