Trying to get Pregnant

Married for 2.8 yrs and now sice past 3 mnths we r trying fr baby but I have not been able to conceive.I nvr had any contraceptives.My periods r regular.I do take care of ovalution and we do sex ac.After ovalution day I have mild cramps on either sides and this cramping has started only after my trying being pregnant.
views-icons 141 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Trying to get Pregnant

Thank you for your question.
Three months is too short for you to judge your ability to conceive. Given that your periods are regular and both you and your husband are in good general health you have a 85% chance of conceiving in the first year and 90% chance over two years.
In normal women the ovaries release an egg 90% of the time which means there will always be one or two cycles when an egg is not released. Besides that is the condition of the cervix and tubes. The more anxious and worried you are the harder it is to conceive.
If you are still concerned you could approach a gynaecologist who specialises in fertility issues to get a check up of the sperm as well as confirm you are ovulating well. This will put your mind at rest. Regular intercourse is good enough as there is no evidence that timed intercourse has better conception rates. You also do not need to lie in any particular position afterwards or worry about semen leaking out of the vagina.
hope this helps
best wishes for your pregnancy