Trying to conceive

Hi, I and my husband are trying for a baby. We have been having unprotected sex since 8th day of my periods though not daily. We last had sex on Sat (15th day of my period). But today, I got a clear sticky discharge. Now, am confused whether I will be able to conceive this month or I have ovulated and the egg has been released. I am 31 yrs old and desperately want to conceive. Pls help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Trying to conceive

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
A woman gets pregnant around the days when ovulation occurs. The average time of ovulation is the 14th day of an average length (28 day) menstrual cycle. Ovulation time vary for each individual, and can occur from 12th to 19th day of the cycle . Sperm can live up to 3 to 5 days in a womans reproductive tract, so it is possible to become pregnant if unprotected sex occurs 5 days before ovulation. The life span of the typical egg is relatively short, only around 24 hours. If fertilization does not occur within that time frame, the egg will die...good luck