Trouble leaving smoking

Hi I really want to quit smoking. But I feel the urge to smoke and I can't resist it. I don't drink but I feel the need to smoke every 5-6 hours. And I smoke more at night when I am free. Please tell me how to approach this quitting process. I've been trying to quit after a few months I started. I depend on it to relieve stress. And somehow it feels very cool while smoking. It's been 2-3 years since I've been trying but it isn't working.

Doctor Answers (2) on Trouble leaving smoking

Homoeopathy can help in this case as initially medicine will be given to quit smoking and later on withdrawal symptoms can be handled with the same doctor. First and foremost thing is to make your will very strong that you HAVE TO quit.
Shahlima Nafeesa Bangalore | General Physician
You can try on nicotine gums.. Whenever u feel like smoking, chew the gums, which will satisfy your urge.. Try this for a week or two, if working, continue it for a while and then stop the gums gradually.. If not working out, consult a psychiatrist.