Trichotillomania
I've been suffering from Trichotillomania since I was 10. I have been prescribed 200mg sertraline, 75mg clomipramine and 1mg risperidone. Of late I have a strange sensation in my legs like I am falling down or spinning. Also, my fingers shake a lot recently. Are my medicine doses too high?

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 13 yrs exp Aligarh

Tricotillomania is an impulse control disorder for which sertraline and clonil are given. It may cause tremors at higher doses. If the medicines have worked you can ask your psychiatrist to reduce the dose or add propanolol for tremors.
Priyadarshi Srivastava
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Lucknow
You have been prescribed antidepressants. So you must be having comorbid depression for which you have been prescribed medicine.