Tooth colored filling

I just got tooth colored filling in my top incisor. What is its life and what are the precautions i should take?

Doctor Answers (2) on Tooth colored filling

Archana Betur Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hello , ur treatment s correct n it has done good... Don worry .. Looking at ur pics , can say u need to maintain ur oral hygiene well... Brush properly..don let the food accumulation on ur tooth for a longer time...the only problem comes up here ll b a colour change of the filling n even at its border with time ... So, Avoid coloured drinks even tea, coffee , soft drinks etc .. N if u can't avoid immediately rinse ur mouth after having them. N avoid biting on the hard stuff directly from that tooth , just to avoid chipping off of the filling... Durability of anterior composite fillings purely depends on ur maintenance...
Congratulations, you have taken right treatment. Now to make it more durable, you need to brush your teeth twice daily,and avoid acid and sugar containing food and drinks. If you visit your dentist every 6 months for check up then your dentist can do cleaning and polishing which will keep your filling in good condition. There is no expiry for your filling if you take good care and avoid hard sticky food like chikky etc. All the best.