Tongue dryness

Last 6 months my feel dryness.salvia is not secreted. I feel my tongue is big and often touch the teeth.pls give a solution.
views-icons 165 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. M.G. Mathan
Orthodontist 14 yrs exp Coimbatore

Hi, dryness comes with diabetes and anemia,and certain medications. Visit nearest dentist for evaluation.
Dr. K. Ramprasad
Dentist 5 yrs exp Coimbatore
Hi! Greetings to you. Tongue or mouth dryness can commonly occur due to insufficient fluid intake/ vitamin deficiency/anaemia. The feel of enlarged tongue can b due to vitamin deficiency or anaemia. Taking certain medicines can also cause dryness of your mouth/tongue. Since you have been noticing this for the past six months it is better to consult your dentist and get examined to know the exact reason for the same as this can lead to tooth decay. Meanwhile keep yourself hydrated by drinking lot of fluids and have citrus fruits till your appointment. Hope this helps.