Tongue and neck cancer
My father has tongue and neck cancer. He is 63 years old. I took him to the cancer specialists in Ahmedabad but doctors said he has 4th stage cancer and it is very less chances to cure. Please help me ASAP. I can attach his medical report. Please peovide the treatment details if radio therapy or chemo therapy or operation or any other cure can be done. Currently he cannot have food. We are giving liquid (juices) only. Also, blood is coming out when he is having liquid. He cannot speak anything. To cancer specialists, please request you to provide response soon. Which hospital or doctor should I take my father? Where can he get best treatment in INDIA?

Dr. Navya G
Hi there.. I can understand your concern.. tongue cancer is caused by mutation due to smoking, alcohol, tobacco chewing, hpv infection, chronic candidiasis.. treatment of it depends on stage.. any cancer 4th stage is difficult to cure since they would have spread a lot.. only palliative treatment is given ie only symptomatic treatment to help patient in reducing pain.. treatment of tongue cancer includes surgery to remove tumor and all the area where it has spread, followed by radiotherapy with/without chemotherapy.. tata memorial hospital in Mumbai is the best cancer hospital in india..