Throat pain for 2 days
Hi doc, My husband who is 28 yrs of age, is suffering from throat pain for the past two days. I gave him warm water with honey n lemon.. He gargles salt warm water.. He took one Erythromycin tablet. He says that he has a pain than a sore throat.. Is there any initial home medicines that we could give or what must be done?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Before recommending any treatment diagnosis of the condition needs to be made. For time being he can be given paracetamol tablets and continue salt water gargling.. Consult nearby ENT specialist if symptoms persist