Throat infection and body

Having little throat infection and body pain. Able to feel some temperature and I feel very tired. Yesterday I had couple of beers and had to travel a fair distance in the cold weather. Kindly do help me

Harisha N L

In most cases, antibiotics will quickly wipe out the bacteria causing the infection. In the meantime, try these tips to relieve symptoms of strep throat: Get plenty of rest. Sleep helps your body fight infection. If you have strep throat, stay home from work if you can. Drink plenty of water. Keeping a sore throat lubricated and moist eases swallowing. Drinking plenty of water also helps prevent dehydration. Eat soothing foods. Foods that are easy on a sore throat include broths, soups, applesauce, cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs. You may even want to puree foods in the blender to make them easier to swallow. Very cold foods such as sherbet, frozen yogurt or frozen fruit pops also may be soothing. Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods such as orange juice. Gargle with warm salt water. gargling several times a day can help relieve throat pain. Use a humidifier. Adding moisture to the air can help ease discomfort. Moisture keeps mucous membranes in your throat from becoming dry and even more irritated. Choose a cool-mist humidifier and clean it daily, because bacteria and molds can flourish in some humidifiers. Saline nasal sprays also help to keep mucous membranes moist. Stay away from irritants. Cigarette smoke can irritate a sore throat and increase the likelihood of infections such as tonsillitis. In addition, avoid fumes from paint or cleaning products, which can be irritating to your throat and lungs.

Hello there. I would suggest you drink warm water and do salt water gargles atleast thrice a day. Paracetamol is fine for fever. If it still persists, you will have to take a course of antibiotics so consult a physician. Regards
Dr. B K Madhusudan
Homeopath 25 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi It may be due to the strain. Take warm fluids & food. Take rest Drink more water. Avoid alcohol Take paracetamol for the feverishness. If it continues, consult a doctor in person