Think too much

I am 18 years old. I was in a relationship but 4 months ago my boyfriend cheated on me. I tried to move on but it seems so hard. He is in a relationship right now but he said he wants me back...and after all the pain he caused me i dont want to go back to him..but i stilll love him. My finals are coming and i need to study but i am not in the situation right now. I think too much...i need help

Doctor Answers (1) on Think too much

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychotherapist
Hello dear, it is really difficult to overcome betrayal and break up in a relationship. Howsoever, you should remember that right now is the time to focus on your studies, coz if you don't do well in your exams presently, the hurt is going to be much more. For now, surround yourself with family & friends, don't stay alone, have a daily routine pinned up on your wall from 8 am -8pm which should include regular morning walk, some yoga, some pleasurable activities like reading, music, painting besides studying. Eat at regular intervals, take care of your sleep. Try to keep in control of your thoughts by using distraction and relaxation techniques. With time things will get better. Whether you want to get back or stay apart is a decision that only you can make but right now your focus should be clear. I hope this helps.