Thick flakes in hair

The flakes in my hair are sticky and large. They have got stuck to my scalp. When I go in sun mu scalp starts itching a lot. I have been masturbating excessively for the past few days. Is it because of that? Is it dermatitis? Please help. Regards

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. You probably have Seborrhoea capitis/ seborrhoiec dermatitis or dandruff/ Or sebopsoriasis- which is a chronic problem. Please note. Avoid using oils on scalp. This acts as food for fungus causing dandruff. You can apply it only at the hair part and not the scalp for short durations/only if you wish to. Secondly wash hair with antifungal / low strength corticosteroid based shampoos. Use maintenance shampoos regularly. You may need a course of oral antifungals if your condition is severe. See a dermatologist near you or send pictures on private follow up chat. may not be related to masturbation but anything in excess is harmful. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Govind S Mittal. Excel care hospital, Bangalore.