Testosterone levels..

Hello doctor, I'm obese. So fat has accumulated in every part of my body. My chest looks bulged. I just wanna make sure whether it is gynecomastia or it is just a result of me being obese. If it is a gynecomastia condition, what should I do to free myself from that condition? I have read something about the surgical procedures available for this. If surgery is not the appropriate option, what are the other treatment options available for the same? What is the reason, people developing this condition? Low T ? Hormonal imbalance during adolescence? Heriditory ? ....? ...?.... I feel a little embarrassment, talking this to the doctor. What should I do? I feel, I don't have a low T. I'm healthy, having proper facial/bodily hairs. I masturbate quite well. I don't have any dysfunctional problems. I'm leading a quite healthy life since what's the reason for this? Help me regardingly. Thank you.
views-icons 25 Views Bookmark this Answer

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Harisha N L
General Physician 3 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

In your case it looks like it's because of obesity... Gynecomastia vanishes without treatment in less than two years. But in some patients treatment may be needed if gynecomastia doesn't improve on its own or if it causes significant pain and embarrassment...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, fruits...do regular exercise at least 2 hours a day....Medications used to treat breast cancer and other conditions, such as tamoxifen and raloxifene may be helpful for some men with gynecomastia....if no improvements to medications you can go for surgery....Two gynecomastia surgery options are: Liposuction. This surgery removes breast fat, but not the breast gland tissue itself. Mastectomy. This type of surgery removes the breast gland tissue. The surgery is often done endoscopically, meaning only small incisions are used. This less invasive type of surgery involves less recovery time...consult nearest surgeon they will do the needful.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?