Tennis Elbow

I have tennis elbow since last 4-5 weeks. I went to the doctor who prescribed me painkillers and asked to give my elbow rest for 2 weeks and wear an elbow brace most of the time. I have been giving rest to my elbow but the weakness in my elbow is not going away. I am not able to put any stress on by elbow. Does physiotherapy helps? How many sessions are typically required for such an injury?

Doctor Answers (6) on Tennis Elbow

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
you should wear tennis elbow belt,and do ultrasonic treatment in physiotherapy .
Dr. Priyanka Bhati Faridabad | Physiotherapist
Dear friend
You will definitely be relieved with physiotherapy sessions of laser, ultra sound and tennis elbow brace.
Dr. Prakash Katariya Raipur | Physiotherapist
Exact root cause of your Pain must be ruled out.
Physio Definitely Help you a lot.
Dr. Rahul Gulve (PT) Hyderabad | Physiotherapist
Tennis elbow problem is due to many reasons, starts from the neck, shoulder muscle or you're scapula muscle, through proper physical examination we can find it out the exact root cause. Then we can get free of pain with in 7 to 10 physiotherapy sessions
Firstly, tennis elbow should be diagnosed by accurate physical examination. It is important to rule out other conditions. You can learn stretching exercises and strengthening exercises from your Orthopaedic surgeon or a good physiotherapist. You need to continue doing the exercises everyday yourself. You should start finding relief in 4-6 weeks.
Dr. Narendra Mahara (P.T) Bangalore | Clinical Physiotherapist
Yes, definitely physiotherapy treatment will help you to relieve your problem. It might take few days to weeks for your problem to get relieved depending upon the severity,. As early as possible you take the treatment you 'll feel better